Followers

Friday, July 27, 2012

July 27 - 2 Corinthians 1: It's Always Yes

Whatever God has promised gets stamped with the Yes of Jesus. In him, this is what we preach and pray, the great Amen, God's Yes and our Yes together, gloriously evident. God affirms us, making us a sure thing in Christ, putting his Yes within us. (1:20-21)
It's been an emotionally hard year. It continues to be difficult as God exposes long-standing sin that has hindered my growth. Yet all that's lingering today is hope, which is strange since it hasn't been a stellar day. I've struggled a lot with anger and resentment.

I think the hope comes from recognizing that God is at work within me, despite how I feel or my pathetic performance. He hasn't abandoned me or disqualified me because of my sin.
"God says yes to you. He doesn't divide you into two parts, the acceptable and the unacceptable. He doesn't say yes to your soul and no to your body. He doesn't say yes to your good moods and no to your bad moods. He doesn't say yes to your sunshine and no to your rain. He doesn't say yes to you on Sunday and no to you on Monday. In him, it's always yes. Because he made you and he likes what he made. He loves you, and he enjoys what he loves. He saves you and never gives up in discouragement as he works with you to restores you to wholeness in Christ." Eugene Peterson, Conversations, pg. 1801
Lord, I'm trusting in that truth today, that You will never leave me or forsake me (Hebrews 13:5). I ask You, Father of all mercy and God of all healing counsel, to restore me to wholeness in Christ, in Your way and in Your timing. May I fully believe the truth that, because of Christ, Your answer to me is always yes.

No comments: