Followers

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December 4 - Revelation 4: Seeing Truth

Then I looked, and, oh! - a door open into Heaven. The trumpet-voice, the first voice in my vision, called out, "Ascend and enter. I'll show you what happens next." (4:1)
We're walking into the throne room with John, seeing God in all His splendor and majesty. And the action moves rapidly on from here, so I'm going to savor this first incredible glimpse of my Father in Heaven.
"In God's last love letter to us, He opens the door into heaven and lets us see the story He's telling right now, in each of us and around us and throughout the entire world, in America, China, Iraq, New Zealand, France, everywhere. He lets us see what we cannot see with our natural eyes. In disturbing images and graphic pictures, we're given a symbol-laced glimpse into the cosmic love story of connection disrupted by wickedness followed by estrangement which requires judgment before reconciliation is possible. It's realism, raw and true... 
"There's nothing in the sixty-sixth [letter] I haven't heard before. But now I'm hearing it differently. I'm seeing truth. The Spirit uses the images and symbols and visions of Revelation to wake up my imagination, to help me visualize the words of Jesus and to be awed by the sheer brilliance of His way of doing things so that I'm moved to hold steady no matter how bad things get, to keep on doing what I can to bring His kingdom to earth - in spite of severe opposition and struggle and failure - until the party begins. 
"Prepare for the unveiling...We are about to see reality, the way things are. The first sixty-five letters have positioned us in a front-row seat for the revelation of God's Son and of the righteously difficult but amazingly merciful story He's telling." 66 LL
Holy, holy, holy
Is God our Master, Sovereign-Strong,
THE WAS, THE IS, THE COMING
(4:8)

No comments: