The items given by King Cyrus to the Israelites were also used, but they hadn't lost any of their value. "A full inventory" was given of gold and silver articles (1:7-11). Heads of Israelite families also gave Freewill-Offerings to the building fund of gold, silver and priestly robes (2:68-29). And the rebuilding of the Temple began with these invaluable, used gifts.
I often feel "used" myself - no longer a perky 20-something. I'm tired, I've failed, I'm overwhelmed with disappointments. I feel more like the cast-offs at the RE-Store than like the invaluable gifts given to restore the Temple. God makes it clear of His perspective, no matter what I feel:
"There is always a way back from sin. Tears of hope will flow every time you experience My loving mercy when you fail. I still love you. I will not give up on you. I have a plan." (66LL)
Yes! God is good! Oh yes -- he'll never quit loving [me] (3:11)
No comments:
Post a Comment