But Jesus' priestly work far surpasses what these other priests do, since he's working from a far better plan. (8:6)
This time I'm writing out the plan in them, carving it in the lining of their hearts. I'll be their God, they'll be my people. They won't go to school to learn about me, or buy a book called God in Five Easy Lessons. They'll all get to know me firsthand, the little and the big, the small and the great. They'll get to know me by being kindly forgiven, with the slate of their sins forever wiped clean. (8:10-12)
"Chew this meat slowly. Eat a fresh helping again and again. Soon you will be awed by the privilege, not of figuring out how to develop more faith and feel more hope and relate with more love but of coming to Me as you are and seeing Jesus welcoming you into My Presence where you can now present yourself before Me with all that's ugly within you and not be destroyed; where you can know someone understands the temptation to shrink back, to throw away your confidence in My story; and where the indestructible life that is now in you as a gift can be aroused into believing, waiting, and loving. But the urge to shrink back remains strong. The battle is on." 66 LLWhy does this truth still seem so hard to believe and to fully embrace? Why do I keep trying to clean myself up and keep getting discouraged when I can't get my act together? Why do I continue to believe the subtle lie that it's even possible??
So, what's the answer for me?
"Get to know your Savior, your Lord, your King, Your Priest in the order of Melchizedek. The better you know Him, the more you will know the joy of ongoing repentance. Repentance puts you more closely in touch with Him and more fully releases His life through yours." 66 LLAhhhh, that does sound like a far better plan. Lord, I pray You'll keep refocusing my heart and mind on this truth.
No comments:
Post a Comment