My words have felt so inadequate lately. Inadequate to speak deeply into a friend whose life work in North Africa is at risk... too trite to articulate thoughts of hope to someone whose life seems to be falling apart at every turn... overly simplistic for conversation about new life and freedom with a relative. I can't seem to speak the right words to touch my teenager deeply. I can't write anything clearly and convincingly. The words just aren't there to express something worthwhile.
May Jesus himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech. (2:17)
Paul's words here are a gift of life, prayed for the Thessalonians and for us today. Jesus himself provides unending help, confidence, a fresh heart, invigorated work, and enlivened speech. Only He has words of power.
"Without hope in My Son, the best [words] you can offer to hurting people is distraction, anesthesia, meaningless pleasures, and more effective strategies for getting their own way....
"In [Thessalonians], I reveal a powerful hope that frees you from self-centeredness, from demanding anything now, a hope that strengthens you to endure everything I allow and empowers you to walk the narrow road of love, no matter how you are treated." (66LL)
1 comment:
Oh I just love this Staci. I love it because I have not lost hope but am in the middle of what seems hopeless. So, it gives me courage. Thank you.
Post a Comment