We attended a parenting seminar this weekend that was extremely helpful, and thankfully, gospel-centered. Still, I walked away feeling both hopeful and guilty - hopeful that God is ultimately the One who will parent my kids through me and guilty about all of the mistakes I've made so far by making it more about me and my preferences.
I'm grateful that we're not in the judgment part of Isaiah anymore. I'm not sure I could have handled that today. Instead, I was reminded how much my God is FOR ME and the lengths He'll go to in order to have a relationship with me. Believe me, I am feeling the weight of how pitifully unworthy I am of this gift of grace. Some days I think I'm doing well. Not so during this last month. The dismantling of my soul continues, but today, the Scriptures refreshed me like a dip in the pool during this long summer of 100 degree weather.
And the Master, God, stays right there and helps me, so I'm not disgraced...My champion is right here. (50:3)
Trust in God. Lean on your God! (50:10)
"My deliverance arrives on the run, my salvation right on time." (51:4)
"But my salvation will last forever, my setting-things-right will never be obsolete." (51:6)
God is leading you out of here, and the God of Israel is also your rear guard. (52:12)
But the fact is, it was our pains he carried - our disfigurements, all the things wrong with us. We thought he brought it on himself, that God was punishing him for his own failures. But it was our sins that did that to him, that ripped and tore and crushed him - our sins! He took the punishment, and that made us whole. Through his bruises we get healed. (53:4-5)Father, You know all the reasons why I'm struggling, and You aren't surprised by my sin. I'm aware that it's by Your grace that I'm convicted of sin. I pray that I will not become hardened or discouraged by my many failures.
Thank You for the promise that You surround me, Lord. You lead me and are my rear guard. I need You more than I ever imagined! You've always known that I would never be able to get my act together on my own. Why does it take me so long to learn these things?? And why did it take marriage and motherhood to figure that out??
Thank You for our promised Deliverer. Thank You for the gift of Your Son - to pay the debt I could never pay - all because You love me and want me to know You. You promised, and You delivered, just as You said in Isaiah. My salvation - right on time! You are worthy of all my praises, Lord.
No comments:
Post a Comment