It's been an emotional week, with two major (and very surprising) announcements that impact our daily lives. Honestly, it's much harder for me to process my feelings than it is for me to think through what's happening. But my logical mind isn't necessarily helping me out right now as I'm overwhelmed by all sorts of conflicting emotions.
But the discipline of daily Bible reading and the accountability of this blog have kept me focused on God, even when I'm not "feeling" it. I'm grateful for that because the Scriptures remind me of what's important, what's at stake, and most importantly, who God is in the midst of my internal chaos.
Here's the story I'll tell my friends when they come to worship, and punctuate it with Hallelujahs...He has never let [me] down, never looked the other way, when [I] was being kicked around. He has never wandered off to do his own thing; he has been right there, listening. (22:22-24)
Your beauty and love chase after me every day of my life. (23:6)
Who is this King-Glory? God-of-the-Angel-Armies: he is King-Glory. (24:10) {Anyone else humming the Third Day song?}
Take me by the hand; lead me down the path of truth. You are my Savior, aren't you? (25:5)
If I keep my eyes on God, I won't trip over my own feet. (25:15)
"As the Psalms become the standard for worship, the honest community will become the suffering community that sings...In desperate confusion and anguish, you will know Me in ways no one knows me in comfort...When your soul is troubled, you will hear My voice and find rest." 66 LLPraise God! Thank You, Lord, that You are my Shepherd. Thank You for all that You're allowing me to experience so that I can know You more. I wouldn't choose this path for myself, but I will trust You.
1 comment:
Larry's quote about in desperate confusion and anguish we will know Him in ways we would never know Him in comfort touches a deep place in me. Never saw it before.
I have so felt Psa 22:1 dumped miles from Nowhere, doubled up with pain. But that's about me. thinking Psalm 22:11 God moved far away and Trouble moved in next door.
Where are the Milestones of Mercy & Love. Oh, to have eyes to see what He is doing from Above while my kidneys and heart wage a Civil War down here.
I've been afraid to pray Psalm 24:22 for God to give us a break from the run of bad luck. Lost our home, lost most of our friends, lost two churches we loved, got cancer, lost insurance, can't get decent jobs that pay enough for medical bills. STOP Bev! God is on His Way every day down my path and I know it! I may be a nothing but He is my everything and He is everything! And I am so alive in Him! I wouldn't trade any of what we have gone through or are presently in. I praise Him from Lampasas and am waiting for Him to move back, next door. Really, if anyone moved, it's me. I'm so fickle and He is so faithful! So much Hope!
Post a Comment