"I insist on being treated with holy reverence among the People of Israel. I am God who makes you holy and brought you out of Egypt to be your God. I am God." (22:32-33)
"I am God." "I am God." Over and over in these and previous chapters, I read, "I am God, your God" and "I am God who makes them holy."
Leviticus really is schooling, as Staci mentioned yesterday. The repetition is starting to sink His truth deeply into my heart and mind. I can't stop thinking about it.
He is God. He is God. He is God!
Not me.
He is the One who make me holy. He is the One.
Not me.
The more I read in Leviticus, the more I recognize God's holiness and see the consuming nature of it. I'm also beginning to see and wrestle with the depth of my own sinfulness. I see how much I have presumed on God's grace all these years. Too much for my own good, I'm afraid, because I minimized not only my sin but God's holiness as well.
"Do what I tell you; live what I tell you. I am God." (22:31)
"You want me to be holy in any situation more than You want me to figure out what to do to improve any situation." 66 LL
I think I'm starting to hear God a little more clearly.
1 comment:
Thanks, CiCi !
HE IS GOD ! He is Holy, He wants me to be Holy, and He is the one who makes me Holy.
Post a Comment